Custom Sublimation Printing - vibrant, full color, all-over prints with no setup fees.
Dye sublimation printing is a full color, full-coverage printing technique. Your artwork is printed onto a sheet of high-release paper and transferred onto your apparel using heat and pressure. The dye particles convert into gas — known as sublimation — where they bond to the polyester fibers. Unlike screen printing, the dye is absorbed by the fabric for a fantastic vibrant, soft-to-the-hand feel.
Our "Vintage" garment options are a 50/50 blend of cotton and polyester. The inks will only effect the polyester content in these blended garments, creating a unique washed-out, vintage-style print.
Sublimation printing is awesome, but not magic. Expect imperfections around seams and folds.
Smudges & White Streaks near edges, seams and collars are normal (pictured left).
Design Within These Limitations by strategically placing patterns or graphics near problem areas.
Shifting On Press up to 2″ is normal. Prints are not able to be aligned front-to-back.
Multiple Templates. Include print files for every garment size in your order. Garments do not size-up evenly.
How to Order
What You Need
Proper file setup ensures that your files print as you intended without production delays. Here are some file requirements and guidelines to ensure we get what we need.
- Artwork supplied on a Jakprints Design Template.
- DO NOT flatten your artwork onto the template layers.
- Vector Files: PDF / EPS / AI
- Raster Files: PDF / PSD / TIFF
- Raster Files (or linked images) built at 300 ppi.
- PDF Files must be layered and editable.
- Print files for every garment size in your order.
- Artwork should be saved in CMYK Color Mode.
- Make sure your artwork bleeds over all edges and collars, prints shift up to 2" on press.
- All art should be the exact size you want it to appear.
- Rasterize or Outline any type layers.
Having problems with your files and you can't meet these requirements? No problem, contact us to discuss other options.